PC - Windows
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2
Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
Developer: Square Enix
Content Rating: Everyone10+
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ 2 is a block-building RPG set in a fantasy land threatened by an evil cult. Explore, battle, build and harvest in the charming single-player campaign or build big projects in the online sandbox mode for up to 4-players.
Also available on
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 10 64-bit
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 3 1300X or above | Intel® Core™ i7-3770 or above
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 56 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 12 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Network: Broadband Internet Connection Expected Framerate: 60 FPS @ 1920x1080 / Graphics preset: “High”. Depending on the monitor and PC graphics card environment and setup used, this title can expand its display resolution to 4K. Please adjust graphics options to match with your PC environments when playing on 4K resolutions.
Other Games of the Series
DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
Dec 4, 2020
Gamer Reviews2797 Reviews
Aggregate Gamer Reviews
Critic Reviews10 Reviews
By having so many individual items, DQB2 feels way more polished. It’s also easier to make something that looks good even if you don’t feel particularly creative. There’s always going to be that person who can somehow create entire cities out of perfectly coordinated blocks, but you can happily take pride in your simple square bedrooms and toilets when all of the pieces fit together so nicely.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a fine game. Exploring, designing, and building structures in the Dragon Quest world was more fun than I was expecting, but the whole fifty-hour affair is saddled by tedious combat and tiresome dialogue. Just as I'm getting in my groove making bedrooms or kitchens, along comes an NPC to notify me of an incoming enemy onslaught. Groan. Fortunately, the conclusion gives players what they want, but it's at the cost of a long "adventure."
Some building games are fun but ultimately feel aimless. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a solid building game at the heart of a lengthy and well-written RPG, so that the building is always in the service of something, no matter how whimsical or weird. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a fun and satisfying experience on many levels and the PC version is almost certainly the ultimate way to enjoy it, but like the console versions, it requires time and a commitment to the long game.