Super Smash Bros. Ultimate18438 gamer reviews
Aggregate Gamer Ratings
whatoplay Gamer Ratings
whatoplay Gamer Reviews
One of the best Super Smash Bro series. It has a massive option of fighters, it feels fresh, fun and perfect to play competitive or just for fun.
Not only the best game in the series, but also one of the best fighting games in the industry. Amazing gameplay, amazing soundtrack, amazing visual and sound effects. Overflowing with content.
The characters look and control amazing, all of them are so different from each other and there are so many stages, items, rules, and other little things that complete the package.
It's definitely one of the best local-multiplayer experiences in videogame history, but, unfortunately one of the worst when it comes to online mode. It's perfect for having fun with someone else – unfortunately on the same place, it's absolutely unplayable online depending on where you are.
Also, could have a more dense, story-focused, single player mode. The existing modes are a little repetitive, but still are very fun.
Best fighting game on SWITCH. Good points, mechanism, roster.
Bad points. Story a bit repetitive.
- Amazing and Superb Character Roster
- Great graphics
- Photo mode and and video replays are great and really good
- The spirits offer an interesting take on the battles
- Has an unbelievably balanced roster and great mechanics
- Offers newer gamers a chance to learn the basics but offers older veterans a chance to improve upon them.
- The button controls can be changed to fit gamers with hand/palm disabilities and/or other issues, which is a really thoughtful feature!
- As of now, there are 9 (purchasable) DLC fighters with 3 more on the way.
- The story is a bit lacklustre, confusing and extremely long which can discourage newer and normal gamers from completing it
- The online aspect (which requires a paid Nintendo Switch Online Membership) is full of lag and feels slow and can be unbearable at times. unless you have a wired internet connection. It doesn't function well
- Another network predicament is that for the wired connection, a LAN cable will not work as the switch will not support that, you will either have to connect with a wired hotspot dongle (many of which have low internet speeds) or you will have to buy another form of USB type wired internet connection.
Nonetheless, the game is incredible and needs to be on every fighting-game veteran's Switch. It also welcomes new players and will undoubtedly keep them hooked on the game for a long, long time.
I'm just going to leave it with this. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is one of the most ambitious video games ever made, with so many ways to play it. There is something here for everyone and I'm hard pressed to think of any reason why someone wouldn't enjoy it.
The online multiplayer seems to get quite a few complaints, but with my wired connection, I usually have near flawless experiences while hosting my own arenas. It's not something I play online too often as it's solely meant for the local multiplayer experience but I can see why some might be turned off by the idea of the online not being so great.
Everything else though is absolutely incredible. It's an amazing fighting game, and amazing party game, and even an amazing RPG when exploring the unique Spirits game mode. With a staggering 86 playing characters as of this review, with 5 more on the way. This is one of my all time favorite video games and if you own a Nintendo Switch, you need to own this game with it.
I really do believe I'll put in 5,000+ hours into this game before I might be truly done with it. Seriously, go out and buy this masterpiece.
They could've improved more on the World of Light. The World of Light had great level variations but it felt bland.
Just like all super smash games it is a fighting game where consist multiple franchise brawl together. It is a popular game that even made it up as an esport category.
In Super Smash Ultimate, the character consist a whole lot more compare to previous version. Though only a few, some skills are different to previous but you could adapt quickly later. Well its a fun game.
Down side for this game it's that this game is hella expensive, even purchasing the dlc is expensive. Main game 59.99 USD, DLC pass 1 is 29.99 USD, DLC pass 2 is 29.99. 1 more extra fight that is not include in the fight pass cost 5.99USD, and this does not included the mii fighter costume. So prepare to hurt your wallet if you are going to get full version of this game
Tons and tons of sinking hours await you for one of the best journey in gaming you can experince on the Switch, this is truly a masterpiece.
The combat system is quick and responsive and you can choose from a pool of 74 characters from all the fighting games' best franchises.
Not only you can just enjoy the game for having fun but also you can dive into the history of games in the campaign with tons of content that can tell you a whole lot.