Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
Gamer Reviews21155 Reviews
The most fun you can have in a kart game. Yet, almost the ultimate Mario Kart game.
Nintendo should've put more time and effort to make an actual MK9. MK8D feels a lot like the version for the Wii U. Yes, the improvements Deluxe has compared to the original are very much needed, and it is clearly the superior version. But I think it could use a new approach from the scratch.
Could have a more robust stage selection for online mode. It would also be much better if it had a better built single-player mode — or at least not give you every unlockable character and cup from the start, which is really dumb.
Yet, it's more fun than you could ever get from a Mario Kart game. Also, the gameplay is on point, the graphics and visual effects are incredible. The soundtrack and sound effects are fantastic as well. Even though it isn't perfect, it's still absolutely worth it. It's just pure fun.
The quintessence of the Mario Kart series, since Mario Kart Wii
- Great racing mechanics
- Very low-level learning curve
- The character roster is huge and amazing.
- The stage selection is large and appeals to all fans of the series. (and others too!) Some stages even appear from other franchises!
- Customization is easy and provides players with the feel of designing a race-car to win. It offers players the choice to cut-down some aspects of the car to improve on others.
- The battle mode and online parts are decent (as compared to other Nintendo online services)
- The game feels very bland and repetitive after a while. Especially for the players who do not have a paid subscription to Nintendo Switch Online and for players who do not play with anyone else locally.
- Aside from a few quality of life improvements, the game doesn't feel too different from Mario Kart 8.
- The roster is largely the same as the previous game and doesn't have any new characters added to it.
- The game largely feels like a port rather than a sequel which, technically that is what it is supposed to be, but it upsets many fans, especially the ones who already own Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U
Nonetheless, this game is one of, if not the best Mario Kart game to date and should be there on every switch.
It’s a little bit hard and it is a Mario game