Marvel's Spider-Man25730 gamer reviews
Aggregate Gamer Ratings
whatoplay Gamer Ratings
whatoplay Gamer Reviews
Beautiful game, beautiful graphics. If you are a spider man fan you will enjoy it for sure, it makes you feel you are him. The story is good but not complex, of course, is spiderman. Gameplay mechanics, very dynamic, you'll enjoy it also but after a while it feels repetitive. I liked very much the little puzzles. Very easy game to spend a few hours a day or several if you want to.
This game is the pinnacle of superhero action-adventure games after the Arkham Series.
- Amazing story and plot. The player genuinely gets attached to the characters in the story.
- Ultimate combat mechanics out of any previous Spider-man game. The mix of raw fist-action combined with gadgets meld extremely well with each other. Not to mention the groundbreaking swinging and open-world features!
- Spectacular re-playability so you can swing back into the game after months and get stuck right in very easily! Learning curve is very low too!
- Superior graphics as compared to many other games on the Ps4. I daresay it rivals even the likes of Naughty Dog's Uncharted 4!
- Sensational DLC levels and story. It definitely improves upon the main game's plot.
- Marvelous suit-selection and customization!
- Music track is a bit lacklustre as compared to the other great features of the game.
- Along with the DLC (and/or 'Game of the Year Edition') it can feel too pricey.
- Sometimes, the game can feel like a grind.
- For the Ps5 version ONLY: the models and textures of some characters feel worse than those of the Ps4 versions.
Nevertheless, this game is one of the best action-adventure games, not only on the Ps4, but in gaming generally! It completely reworked and inspired other superhero-based video games! And with the Ps5 version out, this game is a essential for Marvel fans and video game fans alike!
This is the only game that I platinumed other than telltale/story games. I must say it's pretty easy to get the platinum trophies. One of the few open world games done right. It has enough activities to do without putting in too many repetitive quests. More important is that, playing it (combat & traversing) feels good. You really feel great like a superhero and not a chore. I prefer swinging effortlessly from building to building compared to the 'realistic' horse riding in RDR2 for example.
Very good and emotional story. I like the character models and I haven't played it since the remastered (or updated character model). I prefer the original model though. The new one looks too young.
With the expansions, it is definitely worth it. I have yet to play Miles Morales because I want to play it on PS5 which I cannot find anywhere 😡. Sony FFS make more PS5!
Update after finishing the game 100% :
I really enjoyed roaming the city with the Spider Guy. It's a bit repetitive of course, but I think this is the only cons I would give it.
I remember I liked the 'Batman Arkham' game series quite a lot, but this one is far better, even if it benefits from those really good games, that's for sure, for it borrows many ideas from them.
As would said Joey (Friends fan anywhere?) : The fights : good, the gameplay : good, the story : good.
This game is good good good !
Story opinion, you could anticipate anything coming your way, so for me I enjoy more on the graphic and effect they pulled into the fighting scenario rather the whole story. They also a bit of stealth game included which gave a little bit of tension if you only know how to fight.
Overall, not much to say as you really need to buy it try it to experience The Amazing of Spider-Man. Get it? XD
High rate Thumbs up from me
the web swinging is the best