PC - Windows
Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
Developer: Square Enix
Content Rating: Teen
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 7 SP1 / 8.1 / 10 64-bit
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200 / Intel® Core™ i5-6400
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon™ RX 470(4GB VRAM) / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- Additional Notes: Expected Framerate: 60 FPS @ 1920x1080 / Graphics preset: “Very High”. Depending on the monitor and PC graphics card environment and setup used, this title can expand its display resolution to 4K. However, please be aware that 4K resolutions are not officially supported
Gamer Reviews2497 Reviews
Aggregate Gamer Reviews
Critic Reviews17 Reviews
Never quite the sum of its parts, Octopath Traveler is a game with brilliant moments rather than a brilliant game.
The turn-based combat is very engaging, as are the soapy stories. The style is confident, from the music to the character designs, to the lighting and motion blur, this is a game that knows what it is about. And while some of the writing and voice acting stumbles in places, that’s kind of part of the charm. For good and bad, Octopath Traveler evokes the games of the past, and for a lot of us, we miss the bad as much as we do the good.
Octopath Traveler's beautiful art, music, and in-depth combat system make it a journey worth taking, despite the haphazard plotting and somewhat repetitious nature.