Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne
Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
Gamer Reviews12761 Reviews
After spending over 1.2k hours on both the base game and expansion, I can definitely say that I can provide you a complete breakdown and review of this game.
Let's start first with the good.
1. Its got more monsters to hunt
2. More armor to craft for both you and your palico.
3. A balance between "roles" has been added such as gunner or bow users receive more damage than players using melee.
4. More cosmetics such as layered weapons, armor, and pendants.
5. Has a better end-game due to the implementation of the Guiding Lands.
Now for the bad.
1. Not enough "New World" monsters.
I know a lot of you fans out there will disagree with me on this but, do we really need to bring back old world monsters? Do we really need to fight another Nargacuga or Tigrex or even Barioth for the 7000th time?
I never was excited to fight these guys again cause I know how they fight during previous titles. The joy in fighting new monsters in MH is discovering what it can do. Capcom pretty much crapped on the bed on this one all for the sake of fan service.
2. More MMO like gameplay in a MH game.
It first started with Lunastra. Then Behemoth. Then Ancient Leshen. Then Safijiva. And finally Alatreon.
Is Capcom too lazy to create a proper difficult monster? They just add an AOE ultimate move on one of these bad boys and call it a job well done? It seems like it.
3. Sticky ammo.
If you wanna beat 90% of the monsters in the game with ease. Well, follow these steps.
- Get artillery 5. (MR Zorah gear)
- Use Shara Ishvalda HBG
- put 4 shields and a long barrel
- have Guard 5 and use a Shield Jewel
- Augment your HBG with Health
And there ya go. GG too easy!
All in all, this expansion is worth getting if you enjoyed the base game. Just don't expect a great end game from it. If you wanna play a MH game with a great end game, go for MH Generations.