PC - Windows
March of the Eagles
Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
- OS:Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor:Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900 video card, 512Mb graphics memory required with a resolution of at least 1024 x 768 or greater
- Hard Drive:2 GB HD space
- Sound:DirectX® Compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:3-button mouse, keyboard, speakers, Internet connection for multiplayer
Gamer Reviews490 Reviews
Aggregate Gamer Reviews
This game has not been reviewed. Be the first to review it!
Critic Reviews7 Reviews
The smaller scale, lopsided balance, and multiplayer lobby screwups may keep it from being mentioned in the same breath as the biggest and best, but being a successful minor power in the pantheon of strategy games is still a fine achievement.
March of the Eagles will likely disappoint fans who desire another of Paradox's grand strategy games (though mods are already improving it in that regard), and the sheer number of provinces coupled with lackluster visuals might turn off people who would otherwise be interested in a cheap, easy-to-learn, and satisfying wargame. Yet the intrigue and backstabbing in multiplayer can be fantastic.
If it does coax anyone back into playing and completing a game, they’ll find there’s a lot to like about March of the Eagles. Marrying elements of empire management with martial manoeuvre is an old-school approach that got rather sidelined by the more specialist genres of grand strategy and historical war games. But this game proves there’s still a lot of life left in it. It’s just a shame there’s quite so much hard graft required to find that out.