Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
Your character is a low ranking Marine on a routine rotation to the United Aerospace Corporation's Mars Research Facility. That's pretty much all the back-story you need. Doom 3 is a bit skimpy in the story-line department, but rich plotting and character development have never been the focus of the Doom franchise. Action is the name of the game here, and we found plenty. After a few minutes of wandering through the facility, listening to rumors about impending catastrophe from the staff it was time to start shooting.
We fought our way through dark, lavishly detailed environments until finally doing battle with pure evil in the depths of hell. Although the game offers no opportunities to explore the Martian setting apart from the linear corridors of the research facility, good level design and well crafted sound effects were successful at scaring the living heck out of us all the way through.
Also available on
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP (Does not support Windows Vista/7)
- Processor: Pentium®IV 1.5 GHz or Athlon® XP 1500+ processor or higher
- Memory: 384 MB RAM
- Graphics: 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the lateset drivers
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0b (included)
- Hard Drive: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows® swap file)
- Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and the latest drivers
- Multiplayer Requirements: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported, Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers, LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers
- Supported Chipsets: ATI® RadeonTM 8500, ATI® RadeonTM 9000, ATI®