PC - Windows
info More about the playscore
1293rd of 2387
About this game
Developer: Destructive Creations
Content Rating: Mature
Ancestors Legacy is a squad-based real time strategy with a strong focus on tactics. Inspired by medieval European history, it brings to life four different nations and their conflicts, usually solved by war.
- OS: Windows® 7 (Service Pack 1) / Windows® 8 / Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 / (64-bit only)
- Processor: AMD Octa-Core / Intel Quad-Core processor running at 3.4 GHz (AMD FX X8 8350 or Intel Core i5 3570 or newer architectures are recommended)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD/NVIDIA dedicated with at least 2048MB of dedicated VRAM and with at least DirectX 11 and Shader Model 5.0 support. AMD Radeon R9 285 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 and above are recommended graphic cards.
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 18 GB available space
- Sound Card: Integrated or dedicated DirectX 11 compatible soundcard
Gamer Reviews1538 Reviews
This game has not been reviewed. Be the first to review it!.
Critic Reviews13 Reviews
Ancestors Legacy is a great new take on the RTS genre. While it has it's flaws, it's a breath of fresh air to a stagnant genre of games. It's laid back approach to real time strategy games allows more access to more players without causing too much effort to learn the game. Overall it's a great time!
The weakness in the core infantry combat, which tilts a bit too much away from quick, tactical thinking and into correctly guessing how the enemy line will be arranged, was the main issue that kept me from really coming to love it. Historical inaccuracies aside, though, it scratched my itch for a traditional RTS in a way that will probably keep me coming back.
It’s a badass strategy simulator, one with deep gameplay and that glorifies what is maybe one of the most gnarly periods of human history. It makes for a wonderfully executed strategy experience. But I still long for the day that we leave behind this whole “historical accuracy” fallacy and devote our fantastic game development resources to something more deeply imaginative.