Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
Your new Pokémon adventure promises to be exciting and challenging every step of the way! Be prepared to encounter many tough Pokémon and battle against tough Trainers to become the Champion! Your adventure in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y takes place in the Kalos region, home to beautiful skies and forests! The Kalos region is full of interesting places to visit and explore!
Other Games of the Series
Gamer Reviews97394 Reviews
This was a fun time, but I breezed through it. It's definitely "easy" compared to other Pokémon titles, but I really like the overall experience. Pokémon X had a very interesting setting and story, and I liked a lot of the Pokémon introduced in the title. This is a solid Pokémon game, though it went by extremely fast (no more than 3 days), and for that lack of challenge I find it to be a good time but not a necessary one.
The first game of Pokemon's 3D Era (along with Pokemon Y) was a much awaited title but not a flawless one.
- The graphics were amazing at the time and it exceeded fans' expectations for the first 3D Pokemon game.
- It introduced an amazing mechanic- Mega Evolution, which has been a fan-favourite now for a long time.
- The plot was innovative and elucidated much about the lore of the series to players, something which players were asking for.
- For the first time since Pokemon Gold and Silver, the series had gained a new type- the Fairy type.
- New features were added which helped a lot regarding the competitive aspect of Pokemon. (Hyper Training)
- Character Customization is a feature which was long-awaited and requested which finally got delivered in this game.
- Decent re-playability features (Battle Chateau, Kiloude City)
- The game feels rushed at certain times. The former parts of the game were well elaborated, but as you progress, things don't quite add up.
- The Mega Evolution mechanic was not used enough. It is mentioned several times throughout the story, but there are very few Pokemon who can mega evolve and even fewer trainers who use it. This causes another problem.
- The game is too easy. There is little battle challenge, if at all. The mega evolution mechanic is available to you from the 3rd Gym, however, there are no other trainers who use it until the Victory Road. Furthermore many trainers battles are a pushover to even beginners. While this game helps a lot with newer faces, it can feel like a total breeze to veterans.
To summarize, the good parts were great, but the bad parts were worse. Newer gamers will enjoy this game to the fullest, veterans may not.