Pokemon Omega Ruby
Trailer, Gameplay, & Screenshots
About this game
In your adventure, you will meet Legendary Pokémon and battle against evil organizations intent on their own aims! Take a journey through the Hoenn region, where two large organizations with opposing aims are locked in struggle: Team Magma and Team Aqua. Team Magma wishes to expand the landmass in the Hoenn region, while Team Aqua seeks to raise the oceans. Their contrary purposes lead them to clash bitterly. In Pokémon Omega Ruby, Team Magma will seize more power to achieve its goals. Team Aqua plays the more prominent role in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. In both versions, you will find yourself drawn into the conflict.
Other Games of the Series
Gamer Reviews40246 Reviews
Honestly not only is the story great, the Pokémon's great, and even the megas are great, just the sheer uprising in the community was insane. Now I dont know if it was better than Pokemon X and Y, but Ik this was insane. Also getting shiny Pokémon's was so easy lmaooo...
This game was one of the best games of the 3D Pokemon era. Although its the one I grew up with and first played, so I may be a bit biased...😅
- It had good graphics (for the time and console)
- It really improved on Pokemon X and Y's system and feels like a successor to it.
- It popularized the Mega Evolution mechanic
- It had the same amazing story from the original Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, but with modern tweaks and improvements too.
- It also incorporated parts of Pokemon Emerald's story too with an incredible post-game.
- The amount of Pokemon to catch after the climax of the game is absurd! Especially the legendaries and mythicals.
- Great variety of traversal options in-game.
- Superb re-playability features (Battle Resort, Eon Flute, DexNav)
- The game can pressure the player to grind a lot of the times.
- Some fan-favourite features from the original were not in the game (Battle Frontier).
- The difficulty of the game, while not as easy as Pokemon X and Y, is still a bit too unchallenging for veterans.
However, this game was one of the many favourite games of 2000s & 2010s kids and still holds a place in their hearts. It is an absolute necessity for Poke-fans to own.